Friday, June 26, 2009

Never Can Say Goodbye....

MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON
THE KING OF MUSIC

(August 29, 1958 - June 25, 2009)

"And when the groove is dead and gone
You know that love survives
So we can rock forever, on..."

--- Michael Jackson, "Rock With You"

Michael Jackson has always been a part of my life through music, movies and television. He, and his family, were like distance cousins that I've never met. That's why his death is very hard for me to digest. Life without Michael Jackson is hard to imagine.

I have so many good memories of Michael: The Jacksons television show, the Jackson 5 cartoon series, his Motown 25 performance, trying (and failing) to do the moonwalk, watching MTV for hours just to see the "Billie Jean" video, dreaming of him singing "Lady In My Life" to me at our wedding (LOL!), my friends and I doing the routine to "Thriller" and "Remember The Time". Good times. Good times.

As the song says, "I'll take with me the memories to be my sunshine after the rain", but this is one hell of a storm that I didn't expect.

Rest In Peace, Michael. I'm gonna miss you.

No comments: